Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Printed Bolt - Challenge 1 "Tiny Dwellings"


"Little RV on the Prairie:

"No Shell Like Home"


I'm a contestant in a fabric design competition called Repeat, hosted by The Printed Bolt.  It's a six-challenge contest with 10 finalists from around the US.  After each challenge there are eliminations of two contesants. The first challenge "Tiny Dwellings" was due last night and is now up for voting.  Eliminations are on the 26th and the public can vote for "Reader's Choice."  

I started off this first challenge thinking about nomadic homes, which tend to be tiny dwellings, from there I came up with mobile homes as the theme to my designs.  The first design, Little RV on the Prairie, features various kinds of man-made mobile homes such as Winnebagos and streamliners in a trailer park.  The second design, No Shell Like Home, is aquatic mobile homes; I picked five creatures that move about with their “homes,” like the hermit crab and nautilus.   Since the two designs are related and it is springtime, I wanted to use bright colors and coordinate them so they may be used together.

You may see everyone's designs here:
www.theprintedbolt.com

It only takes a second to vote and I would love for you all to show the love!

1 comment:

Mike said...

LOVE the little rv piece!