Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Day at the Dentist

Yesterday was Dentist Day, which was something I did not enjoy but managed to do some doodles in my pocket moleskine while waiting for my appointment. This first one was drawn in the car ride home sitting in traffic...before i fell asleep.


Below: the boxy thing on the right, its the filing cabinet in the waiting room, except the real one doesn't wear a tie.

my sister said something about the two birds on the left reminding her of old men. which then somehow led to me drawing the birds playing chess (above).


variations on birds that i started drawing in 10th grade (2002).




i was trying to draw this over and over so i could get the crutch more obvious - so it doesn't look like another leg.The inbox/outbox which was filled with magazines.

this last one was actually the first one i drew while sitting there while this woman leaned over me and just stared. it was actually kind of annoying cause i could almost feel her breathing on me. anyway, the pics are posted in reverse chronological order (the hairy man being the last one i made, and the one below was the first) but I can't be bothered to rearrange them.

2 comments:

Jason Curtis said...

I love seeing artists sketchbooks! I need to scan a few pages of mine to post on my bloggy.

Anyway, the spider with a crutch is funny, as are the birds playing chess...the chess pieces kinda look like worms (which would be hilarious).

Now I feel like doodling!

Mike said...

i love hairy guy and spider with a crutch!