Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dog with the Longest Tongue



14 x 11 inches
watercolor and pen on printmaking paper

World Record was the last assignment from Professor Krepel for Concept and Composition. We had to pick a world record or make one up and illustrate it. The image had to be strong enough to stand on its own without text. I looked up world records online and they only have sample since they want you to buy the book. I wanted to do something around animals or body parts. Inspired by "dog with the longest ears", I decided to do "dog with the longest tongue". I tossed out many many many ideas such as a dog sneakily grabbing dinner off the table with his tongue, or licking his owner's face from across the room, or a dog cowboy using his tongue as a lasso to catch bonecattle. The final image came from the idea of the lasso tongue.

1 comment:

Alka said...

Brilliant! I really liked how she is licking so many bones at once!