Thursday, February 25, 2010

Too many sketchbooks!

Sometimes I realize I have too many sketchbooks going at once, yet feel the need to start another. I bought one earlier this year but I've discovered I don't like the quality of paper in it. I really only use it for class work which I then cut out and hand in to the profs. I'm going back to the cahier style Moleskine notebooks with the thin paper/flexible covers and making my own hardcovers for them. I find the paper more liberating than the thicker counter part, which make me have "stage fright" cause I want to fill them with quality work then...whereas the thinner paper, I don't feel the need to impress as much! Anyway, here are 3 photos of the 3 covers I've made for the cahier Moleskines.



Books 5-7 will have gridded paper inside. I might douse them in coffee too. Or tea. Or both.

Book 3 is a small pocketish size book with a cloth cover which i cant really draw on and i like the color blue so its staying as is. and book 4 is the one I don't like, but I did draw on the cover:

4 comments:

Zibu said...

You can never have too many sketchbooks going. There's no such thing. Also no such thing as too many knitting projects going on at the same time (current count is 7). You need the variety to keep up the creativity and enthusiasm!

Krishna Chavda said...

SEVEN?! thats insane!

Jason Curtis said...

Awesome covers! These are fantastic.

Krishna Chavda said...

Thanks! I forgot to mention that Book Two also says "What part does the steam play?" written on it.