Sunday, April 11, 2010

On location sketching


4.25 x 4.25 inches when closed

Instead of having Drawing for Illustrators class on Thrusday April 15, we had class Saturday evening on River Street to do some on location drawing.  I took a mini sketchbook I had made sometime in the summer of 2009.  I had made it with black paper using the Ox-plough binding technique.  But then realized I had no way of really drawing on black paper, so this past January I applied a square of gesso to each page.  I decided that this sketchbook would be fun to work in for yesterday's location drawing.  I also did a few other sketches in my other book. 




I met the saxophone player, his name is Izeeky or something like that.  He fought in the Vietnam war and is a native of Savannah, GA.  There is also a sketch of the fountain in the newly opened Ellis Square in City Market and the dreadlocked street vendor on River St. 

1 comment:

Alka said...

very nice!cool style