Sunday, October 23, 2011

Edibles in London


Update Oct 24: Edibles in London was accepted to the They Draw & Travel website!

I recently traveled Europe for seven weeks.  The places I went to were: London, Copenhagen, Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, and Warsaw.   I also traveled all over Spain, visiting Madrid, Segovia, Bilbao, San Sebastian, Pamplona, Barcelona, Ibiza, Granada, Sevilla via Gibraltar, Cordoba and Toledo.

As I traveled, I drew.  I filled about three sketchbooks.  I wondered what I could do with the drawings; maps or a city/county guide-pamphlet would be fun to make.  The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to make maps.  Then, very conveniently, when I got back to Tanzania I came across a website called They Draw & Travel.  It was started by a brother-sister design-illustration team based in Western Massachusetts.  People are free to submit illustrated maps of places they have lived in, visited, or want to visit.  A few of my friends, Tatiana and Blythe had submitted maps, so I thought submitting a map to TDAT would be a great place to start my cartography project!

Edibles in London highlights a few of the places where I had some tasty food.  I wish I had more time to try out some more foods at Borough Market.

2 comments:

Alka said...

Brilliant! keep traveling and drawing!

Zibu said...

We LOVE it! Pintu couldn't take his eyes off it!