Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wild thing, you make my heart sing...


...you make everything groovy.

Inspired by Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak, Corey Godbey's blog Terrible Yellow Eyes, and Jimi Hendrix.

I'm not sure how I feel about the pencil - didn't really know what I was doing with it, was more of an experiement in color pencils. I think my sense of color/coloring/lighting has died a little. Or maybe I'm just liking the "command/ctrl Z undo" a little too much and have come to rely on it and therefore can't deal with mistakes I can't undo on paper. I don't think there's enough light, seems too dark. It didn't look right without the saturation and now I think I overdid the colors.

I think I'll do another version on Photoshop and compare. However, I do like having something to look at that's not digital.

1 comment:

Ezhilan said...

Looks beautiful.I like the coloring and details.The pencils gave it a good texture.